CAHNR Student Photo Competition
The CAHNR Dean’s Office is excited to announce the CAHNR Student Photo Competition. We hope to celebrate student success and capture the spirit of CAHNR by sourcing submissions that express the artists’ interpretation of areas of study across the College. The goal is to help with our community’s storytelling efforts. This competition celebrates student talent and is an inclusive display of the innovation and excellence that happens in each of our departments. Undergraduate (CAHNR & RHSA) students are welcome to submit print quality photographs, individual or series, which represent any aspect of the academic disciplines. Submissions are due via the online submission form on this page no later than October 17, 2021.
Photographs will be credited and displayed in the W.B. Young Building lobby and conference rooms.
Winners will receive a one-time scholarship for academic expenses in the following amounts for the spring 2022 semester:
4th place (10 winners)
- Only submissions from CAHNR and RHSA undergraduate students will be considered. Students must be enrolled in undergraduate course work at the University of Connecticut for the spring 2022 semester.
- All entries must be photographs taken of the University of Connecticut, its surrounding areas, its regional affiliates, or at University-sponsored events.
- Files must be at least 300dpi and more than 3,000 pixels on the longest side. Entries should be submitted via the submission form as a JPG or PNG attachment.
- An individual student may submit more than one photo (up to a maximum of 5) for separate consideration; however, each entry must be submitted in a separate submission form. Students who submit duplicate entries are only eligible to receive one scholarship.
- The photographs must be your own original creations. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any photograph(s) submitted. Your submission of each photograph is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of such photograph.
- By entering, you warrant that the image does not violate or infringe upon the copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, privacy, or any other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
This competition celebrates student talent and is an inclusive display of the innovation and excellence that happens in each of our departments
- Images of CAHNR students in an academic and/or intercultural setting
- Images of CAHNR students and others in Husky gear
- Images of students interacting respectfully with people in local communities at home or abroad
- Images that present unique, unusual insights about CAHNR research and experiences
- Images that are authentic, casual, unplanned, unstaged images with an implied narrative
Sunday, October 17, 2021
Terms & Conditions
By submitting photos to the CAHNR Student Photo Contect, sutdents agree to the following:
- I hereby grant the University of Connecticut, College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (“CAHNR”) permission to use my likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media (“photo”) in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications, without payment or other consideration. I understand and agree that all photos will become the property of the organization and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize CAHNR to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute these photos for any lawful purpose. In addition, I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photo. I hereby hold harmless, release, and forever discharge CAHNR from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
- Failure to compete the submission form in its entirety will result in disqualification
- Photos must be compliant with all aspects of The Student Code
Questions? Contact Virginia White at email@example.com